Saturday, March 21, 2009

Music in April


A few of my passions have been cropping up lately, much to my delight. 1) Good booty-shaking music. The Cape Town International Jazz Festival is coming up fast on April 3-4 and they have an insane line-up for the Saturday. A few of my favourites: Zaki Ibrahim (Canada), Napalma (Brazil), 340ml (Mozambique), Maceo Parker, Hugh Masekela and last but not least, MOS DEF! The decision to through down cash for a flight for this one day might be worth it!

When I get a chance, I like to flip over to CBC Radio 3, and Exclaim magazine websites to see what is going on back in the Canadian music scene. Lo and behold, a group that has grabbed my heart: Thunderheist! The Nigerian born, Canadian singing in this crew and the DJ have unleashed my inner soul of good dance, bass crunk, I can’t wait to get home and buy their album to be released March 31! It’s also ashame that they will be touring with Exclaim and they will be at the Biltmore on April 25… but at the same time as the Ski and Board Festival in Whistler… oh, how can I be in two places at the same time??? Oh and up on the hill, there is Metric (new album released April 14) and DJ Z-Trip on the 24 and 25 April. Too much good stuff at one time!

No comments: