Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Endless Possibilities of E-Commerce

I have joined the digital world and bought my first e-book and e-magazine online. On the hard drive of my computer, I now have one PDF copy of The World of Goods: the Anthropology of Consumption by Mary Douglas and Baron Isherwood from ebookmall and for my closet-fan obsession of fashion magazines: Zinio's Elle Magazine. The downloads for both products were relatively quick (like any other kind of download), and I am once again amazed at the availability of information now here at our fingertips even here in Nairobi. Even working with this Canadian organization, I am fully connected to all libraries around the world and through inter-library loans, can access any publication. Now the question remains if the rest of the world can have such access, can the possibilities even be imagined?

No comments: