Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Planning the dissertation fieldwork

Just came back from another 7am morning surf. Offshore, gentle head high waves off the south of North Beach pier. Still stoked on the surfboard. It feels a bit muggy out and behold, it started to sprinkle a bit of rain while we were in the water. Today and yesterday, I've been trying to get a hold of all my contacts in Mozambique and prepare my itinerary for the trip up north. I also handed in my application for the "African Integration Grant" within the School which allows you up to R5,500 for research expenses. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

As for dissertation planning, I really need to pack down my literature review on everything and anything about microfinance, Mozambique and how institutions can possibly be part of the mitigation of HIV/AIDs in their communities. Any advice in preparing for this endevour for the next three weeks? Oh, I should probably work on that final Assignment for my last course as well.

No comments: