Wednesday, March 07, 2007

PICTURE Africa

As part of my internship, I stipulated on my workplan that I would create a blog corresponding to the work that I would be doing here in East Africa. Although most of my work so far has been limited mainly to literature review / desk work, you can check out some of the popular media links and articles that I am picking up on the field of ICTs and development. I have also listed all the partners of this IDRC-funded project with which I am attempting to coordinate. In the next few months, I will start heading out in to the field to participate with PICTURE Africa (Poverty and Information and Communication Technology in Urban and Rural East Africa), a project seeking to learn how ICTs are affecting poverty in East Africa. Take a look if you are interested in Africa's work in ICTs and development.

No comments: