Monday, January 15, 2007

Polite Notice - No Parking


Polite Notice - No Parking
Originally uploaded by make_change.
The thing is, Kenyas are so friendly and polite that they even have signs, "Polite Notice: No Parking". I think this is what has made my first week in Nairobi quite adjustable. Not only have I been provided with incredible resources through the office, people are happy to help you, and the office is very "open door" policy where you can chat and collaborate ideas at any moment. To give you an idea of my mornings, I get up around 6:30am, head from breakfast around 7:30am (which consists of a mandazi bread, coffee and papaya or pinapple slice for 1$ CAD) and then 15-20 minute walk to the office. Yesterday, I walked by this man roasting corn in his little corner and bought a half piece for 5 Kenyan shillings (10 cents).

No comments: