Monday, July 17, 2006

Why Small Things Count in our Lives

Everyday I have been taking this Political Economy class I'm put into great headspins and critically trying to make out where I stand in terms of ideologies to political and social development. It almost comes to a point of depression because of the seriousness of some of these issues and how as I become more knowledgeable in this field of development economics, I may need to make these crucial statements of what I strongly believe and the implications that fall behind those statements that I make. I guess that is a reflection back to why I set up this website and understand how the small decisions and statements that we make can really affect, both good ways and bad, the way in which the world works. It happens to everyone, everyday as we make decisions which can make us happier at the expense of others or try best to seek ways to be happier without making others worst off. So expert or not, I suppose it's important to consider our responsibilities to our communities both local and global and how are interactions, shopping, demands and needs can dictate the lives of others on the other side of the globe.

No comments: