Monday, April 03, 2006

The Weekend Move

Nothing to special to report for the weekend except that the move was successful and I'm very happy with the ceiling fan and clean tub in the new place. It's an interesting place with the landlady living in the basement of the house with her crazy white dog, her grandson living at the top of the house, and next door, another "granny flat" with some older woman. This type of housing complex seems to be very common all over the Bluff especially now that real estate & development is up 200% in South Africa. There is construction happening everywhere. I still have a small window view of the sea from my desk but otherwise my glass sliding doors face into the grassy patch that connects all three buildings. I had a small walk around the Bluff and found this elementary school with this gorgeous view of Durban and its industrial harbour. This morning I woke up at 6:30am and had a drive down to town at Addington beach (sandy break) and had some lovely rolling sets come with a beautiful sunny sky. Good way to start the morning.

No comments: